[aspect-devel] boundary velocity function expressions

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 10 09:25:29 PDT 2016

Hi Payman,

Specifying the velocity on the boundaries works a bit differently than
what you have outlined below.

In 2D you need to specify velocity components for x and y, which you do
via the function.  You can control how the velocity on different
boundaries (ex: left & right) by including conditional statements in
your functions based on the position (defined by 'x' and 'y' in 2D).

You can also specify that only certain components of the function apply
to a certain boundary (i.e. only x velocity from functions is applied to
left/right boundary).

If there is a specific setup you are thinking of, can you sent over a
basic parameter file that we can look over?

Cheers,
John

John Naliboff
Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis