[aspect-devel] get_dof_indices() only works on active cells

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:51:18 PDT 2016

Hi John, Sam, Timo,

Thank you for the replies. The bug does occur on the updated version of
dealII. If I turn off periodic boundaries the solver fails to converge
exactly the step after the 1st refinement cycle (not counting the initial
one). When I disabled the adaptive refinement the error occurs at timestep
30 instead of 10. When I disable both refiement and periodic b.c., the code
runs without any problems.

Do you mean that identical runs give an error at different time steps, or
> that varying some parameters changes the time of the error’s appearance?

the latter. For example, if I change the frequency of mesh refinement from
10 to 5 or 7 times steps, the code just hangs at timestep following the
refinemet instead. When I changed it to 3, the error occured after time
step 6 (2nd refinement cycle).

A smaller test case (since we're really interested in the mesh, not the
> multiple iterative solves and matrix assemblies) would definitely help.

I understand that, but unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the problem
on a small setup. The only things that I was able to simplify is replacing
the solver with IMPES and changing refinement frequency to 3 time steps (in
this case error occurs after the 6th time step)

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.