[aspect-devel] Morency-Dorin with free surface

Payman Janbakhsh payman.janbakhsh at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 21 13:48:58 PDT 2016

Hi John
2D , delamination, geometry aspect ration of 2x1 , free top surface, other boundaries zero velocity.
Linear temperature profile within the upper 100km and lower 100km and a constant T in between.
25km upper crust, 30km lower crust, a weak zone within the lower crust( with a lower activation energy compare to the enclosing lower crust, so can set off the delamination).
Have tried different reasonable densities and activation energies for every layer except mantle.
Also have put Boundary composition model as : Initial composition  . not sure if this is correct.
Running with IMPES or iterated Stokes made no difference
Also velocity polynomial set to 2 and other polynomials set to 1
also have turned off Local conservative discretization

cheers,

payman