[aspect-devel] VectorTools::integrate_difference fails to return an error that decreases under grid refinement

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at tamu.edu
Wed Oct 26 06:35:46 PDT 2016

On 10/25/2016 02:17 PM, Elbridge Gerry Puckett wrote:

> We'd be grateful for any help you can give us, since we've been struggling
> with this issue for about a month now.

The usual situation where this happens is if the implementation of the "exact
solution" is wrong, i.e., you want to compute
but instead you compute
with some v that has nothing to do with u and consequently the norm does not
converge to zero.

I don't quite understand where in your code you set the exact solution. But
that's where I would check -- maybe you have a sign error, of a missing factor.

Wolfgang Bangerth          email:                 bangerth at colostate.edu