[aspect-devel] 3 composition/instability drip

Payman Janbakhsh payman.janbakhsh at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 27 10:06:58 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,
I'm fairly new to ASPECT and trying to create an instability drip or a subduction model similar to what was used in scheming_empty.prm file in CIDER 2014.
I have mantle, lithosphere and crust each with their own density and viscosity.
I tried just to set up the parameter file with multicomponent material model without the use of a plugin but get errors related to convergence. Not sure if is doable without a plug in! let me know if so.
the virtualbox tutorial for CIDER 2014 which contained the related files is no longer available on wiki except the GeoMod2014 tutorial iv pdf file.
Unfortunately I'm stuck in creating the material model plug-in from the appropriate .cc and .h files.
Would you be able to direct me to the right resources so I can get this model running?

Thank you in advance

Payman