[aspect-devel] Far different velocity magnitudes & timestep sizes of the same Ra

Timo Heister heister at clemson.edu
Thu Apr 20 13:47:29 PDT 2017

Shangxin,

> set Linear solver tolerance                = 1e-3

Is there a reason for choosing such a tolerance? I would have no
confidence that the solution is accurate. Can you re-run with
something like 1e-8.

That said, I think we likely still have a problem with equation
scaling if the gravity is not the same order of magnitude as the
velocity.

http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/