[aspect-devel] More vtu problems

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:48:42 PDT 2017

Looks like previous message didn't go through because of the size limit,
resending.

Hi,

I ran into more problems trying to open vtu files. This time I used the
option "number of grouped files = 1", and the output file opened without
errors, but when I try to visualize the velocity using glyphs in Paraview,
it crashes. It doesn't crash on a couple of first output files, only on the
later ones. I attached the screenshot with error message. It's paraview 4
on the screenshot, but I tried the earliest version with little luck.
I tried doing the same in Visit, it didn't crash, but produced an error and
didn't plot velocities either.
I also tried checking the vtu file for NULL characters. Obviously I can't
check a 300 mb file with bare eye, but I tried doing
*tr < solution-00004.vtu -d '\000' > sol-04*
and there was no difference between the original file and output of tr. I
tried the same command the files I had problems with earlier, and there was
difference, so I assume the command is correct.
>From the error message, I thought maybe Paraview ran out of memory, but I
actually still have about about 4GB free. Also, the problem persists when I
open a single 300mb file, which I successfully did many times in the past.

If someone has any ideas on how to solve this, I would appreciate it.

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.