[aspect-devel] More vtu problems

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 13:54:52 PDT 2017

Thanks everyone for the answers!

John, I'm only opening a single file. As a small test, I closed most apps
so that I only had 3/16 GB used, then opened one timestep file. Memory
consumption spiked to 10.7GB. Then, when I tried to plot the velocities, it
crashed. So I guess Timo might be right, paraview may be going OOM.

Felipe, I tried switching to just outline for the actual model, and
plotting every 10000th velocity vector, it still crashed.

Quite frustrating not to be able to work with a single 300MB file on a 16
GB laptop.

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.