[aspect-devel] Is the correct Boussinesq approximation now the default in ASPECT?

Max Rudolph maxwellr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:36:12 PST 2017

Gerry,
There is a pull request here containing a jupyter notebook that calculates
and compares critical rayleigh number using ASPECT and compares it with the
analytic solution from Turcotte and Schubert.

https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/pull/1360

You can also verify which approximation is being used:

$ grep Formulation output/parameters.prm
subsection Formulation
  set Formulation          = boussinesq approximation # default: custom

Hope this helps.

Max