[aspect-devel] cannot allocate an object of abstract type ‘aspect::MaterialModel::Simpler<3>’

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Tue Feb 14 16:27:50 PST 2017

Hi Lev,

my first reaction when encountering compile errors after updating is
always to remove the content of the build folder and build from scratch,
does this resolve the issue for you?

That being said there were some changes in the material model interface
recently (removal of deprecated functions) so it might be an actual bug,
but so far we did not see behavior like this. In general an error
message like you posted might occur if an object of a derived class that
does not implement all purely virtual functions of the base class is
created.

Let me know if rebuilding from scratch does not help.

Best,

Rene