[aspect-devel] error: static assertion failed with "typex::value"

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Wed Jul 26 13:58:22 PDT 2017

I just noticed that I did not send this to the mailing list, but only to
Lev directly.

Before trying to switch your whole build system, give updating deal.II a
try. The first error seems definitely related to your deal.II, not the
compiler.

Best,

Rene

Hi Lev,

About the first error below (the one with the xdmf entry): From when is
your version of deal.II? For a brief period over the weekend (Friday to
Monday, I think) there was a bug in the deal.II development version (or
rather in the way aspect uses some deal.II functionality) causing the
first error message (this is fixed now). Maybe updating deal.II will
already solve this problem if you use a version from around that time.

About the second error: I am a bit clueless how to proceed here. It
seems like the boost serialization does not work properly. Thinking
about it this might be related to the first one (it complains about a
incompatibility between 'const' and non 'const' pointer types, which is
similar to the problem above).

Bottom line: If you use a deal.II developer version from some time
around the weekend please update and try again. If not let us know, and
we can discuss other things to try.

Best,

Rene

--