[aspect-devel] Velocity Boundary conditions

Ian Rose ian.rose at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 6 08:39:27 PDT 2017

Hi Lev,

I was probably over-zealous in my comment. After all, zero-velocity
boundary conditions are specifying all three components of the velocity. I
just meant that if you specify all three, you need to be very careful not
to violate incompressibility (imagine a pure divergence velocity field
where all arrows point away from the origin). Otherwise there will be no
valid solution and the solver will run into issues.

Ian