[aspect-devel] Parameter files/setups for scaling tests

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 20 14:01:28 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Following the discussion on GitHub,  a few questions regarding performing additional scaling tests.
  (https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/pull/1552#issuecomment-304103931 <https://github.com/geodynamics/aspect/pull/1552#issuecomment-304103931>).

There is one input file one the performance benchmark folder Rene setup (https://github.com/gassmoeller/aspect-performance-statistics <https://github.com/gassmoeller/aspect-performance-statistics>). For additional clusters, should we use this setup for the strong and weak scaling tests? I'm planning to use this setup on COMET and STAMPEDE2, but replace the expensive Stokes solver steps with cheap ones. Does this sound good or is there a preferable alternate setup?

I was not planning to do particle scaling tests right away, but happy to do so after running the initial scaling tests.

Cheers,
John

John Naliboff
Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis