[aspect-devel] ASPECT and Jupyter

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 27 12:40:16 PDT 2017

Hi

I am testing the Jupyter notebook for ASPECT that I was working on at the hack (and guess what, it still works :) ). I am starting to think about where to put this.  Eventually, I think CIG should run their own Jupyter Hub with relevant notebooks but the files still need to be kept somewhere.

I noticed that Burnman has a /contrib directory in their repo for .ipynb.  Options are to do something similar or I start a repo outside of the main aspect repo.

However, it was mentioned that git does not manage .ipynb’s well. Can someone elaborate and suggest workflows for anyone wanting to contribute? This will go up as v0.0 as I will need some eyes and fingers to help test and improve.

Thanks for your input and all your help!

Best,
-Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D.
Associate Director, CIG