[aspect-devel] Error compiling Aspect

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 14 11:56:41 PDT 2017

Hi Felipe,

When you compile all of the different packages (Trilinos, p4est, etc)
they print out messages saying what compilers they are using.  You can
also specify them during the configuration steps. To check the
configuration options in Trilinos, for example, see the file
CMakeCache.txt in the build directory.

If you are using the default compilers installed on your system for C++
and mpi, it is possible that these defaults changed at some point when
you updated your system packages. If this is the case, Trilinos and
p4est could be using different compilers than deal.ii. Although a bit
time consuming, it might be worth recompiling Trilinos and p4est before
rebuilding deal.ii.

Cheers,
John

John Naliboff
Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis