[aspect-devel] Error compiling Aspect

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 14 15:00:23 PDT 2017

 Hi Timo,

       My deal.ii 8.5.0-pre, how old is it? i don't know, are there
different dates for a single version? I cannot find the date.

      I compiled p4est, trilinos, deal.ii more than a year ago..It was not
easy, I had to sort out errors of this kind.

      I am compiling these dependencies following/using the
aspect-setup_stampede.sh script Sarah Stamps and Jonathan PerryHouts wrote
some time ago. It is specially made for Stampede, so I think it should
work. I am attaching it here. Has it been updated?

   As John Naliboff wrote, some changes (not made by me) might have taken
place during the past months on the cluster where I have my account.
   Does this means that all the dependencies (p4est, dealii, trilinos) and
Aspect have to be compiled with the same system state, same compilers? but
that does not make sense to me from the fact that one can recompile Aspect
at any time (for example to switch from debug to optimized).

   I think I am gonna try to build everything from scratch.

thanks and cheers,

Felipe