[aspect-devel] VTK output vs. actual solution

Marie Kajan marie.kajan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 19:42:25 PDT 2017

Thanks! I thought that it would be easier to write a script for ParaView, but from now on I'll definitely rely on ASPECT to output data like this directly.

I still want to use ParaView for flow field visuals etc., so it was a bit scary to see 200-600 K discrepancies in the average temperature. However, it seems like increasing the mesh refinement will improve things. These new graphs are with the initial global refinement set to 5. The error indicator is highest near the surface so that could be the main issue here.

Marie