[aspect-devel] Handing nodes problem

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Fri May 19 12:33:32 PDT 2017

Hi John,

Do the velocity anomalies typically correlate with the local grid size?

yes, it's always at the boundary between the refinement levels (the highest
and next-to-highest ones I believe). Or did you mean something else?

> In this case does “different parts” refer to the upper mantle only or the
> entire domain?

entire domain. Sometimes crust, sometimes sub-lithospheric mantle

A good diagnostic test here might be to try a series of models with
> constant grid spacing and see how this affects the location/timing/etc of
> the velocity anomaly.

Not sure what you mean by grid spacing... different refinement levels? Not
sure what the results of such test will tell me, to be honest... Or do you
mean running a model without AMR?

(I also sent another letter at the same time you sent this one)

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.