[aspect-devel] a quick question about velocities on the mesh

FELIPE ORELLANA ROVIROSA f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Mon May 22 00:20:03 PDT 2017

 Hi all,

    I am working on a 3D convection problem. I am trying to calculate some
things out of the velocity field.

    Is is possible to access/know the 3 velocity vector components on an
arbitrary node on the mesh, at any given time?

    I would like to know the velocity on certain points, particularly on
one of the boundaries in my case. I have left the velocity boundary
conditions unspecified on that boundary, and it happens that I would like
to compute some quantities precisely there..

cheers,

Felipe