[aspect-devel] Active tracers with AMR

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:01:50 PST 2017

Hi Timo,

memory is what I thought about at first, but usually I would get some
"oom-killer invoked" warnings, or a segfault. This time I'm not seeing any
of it. 30 GB doesn't sound too bad because I was trying to run it on
machines with 64 and 128 GB of RAM. I also tried the same setup with 1e6
tracers (instead of 1e7), and it crashed the same way, so I don't think
memory is the reason here.
As for the dependence on the number of processors, I tried to run it with 4
and it worked (or at least didn't crash on initial refinement). I'll try
other values and let you know.
I also attached a prm files that doesn't require my plugins (looks like you
already made the same one yourself, but just in case).

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.