[aspect-devel] Dynamic topography

Lev Karatun lev.karatun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 19:57:32 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I was trying to plot the topography using the output of the Dynamic
topography plugin, but in a lot of models it is within 10 meters of zero,
even though the min and max topography statistic shows hundreds or even
thousands of meters. I was wondering what could be the source of this
discrepancy? Does it not make sense to use dynamic topography with a model
with a free surface at the top? If so, is there a relatively simple way to
get the output of real topography, similar to the dynamic one?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lev Karatun.