[aspect-devel] Plate motion reconstrucion - Layered rheology

Eleonora Ficini eleonora.ficini at uniroma1.it
Wed Oct 25 06:41:46 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,
I am a PhD student, I recently started to use ASPECT and I have two
different questions:

1) I would like to know if someone tried to include plate motion
reconstruction (from GPlates) into ASPECT. If yes, what kind of files does
ASPECT need? It seems that the manual doesn't mention the correct way to
built the velocity/time file.

2) In a global spherical model, how is the layered rheological structure
(especially regarding a 100 km thick lithosphere)?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

All the best,
Eleonora