[aspect-devel] Weird pressure with periodic BC's + direct solver?

Jonathan Perry-Houts jperryh2 at uoregon.edu
Wed Sep 6 22:38:03 PDT 2017

Thanks for the suggestion Wolfgang! It does indeed only show up at
hanging nodes (figure attached). And it apparently only happens with
both the direct solver, and 'remove null space' enabled at the same time
(also attached).

When those two options are both enabled the pressure solution is zero
everywhere, but gets these little (~ 1e-6) jitters at hanging nodes.
Definitely sounds like a ConstraintsMatrix problem.

--
Jonathan Perry-Houts
Ph.D. Candidate