[aspect-devel] error: cannot declare field ‘aspect::GeometryModel::Chunk<2>::manifold’ to be of abstract type

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at colostate.edu
Wed Apr 11 18:28:03 PDT 2018

Lev,

> I was trying to install aspect on a new cluster and got the error listed
> below. I'm using the latest development version of both deal.II and Aspect,
> did a clean install in both cases. Any tips on why this could be happening
> will be appreciated!

There was a recent change that required every manifold class to have a clone()
function that simply returns a copy of the object. Want to give it a try to
implement such a function? It should actually be quite easy to implement that
in all cases. We'd love to have such a patch, of course!

(This only went in yesterday, so you seem to have picked the first possible
opportunity to hit this problem :-) )

Wolfgang Bangerth          email:                 bangerth at colostate.edu