[aspect-devel] aspect-1.5 post-install tests

E.M. Dragowsky dragowsky at case.edu
Fri Apr 20 13:41:14 PDT 2018

Hi, Timo --

Thanks for the suggestion. Literally following the instructions:

1. git clone -b branch https:....
2. mkdir build
3. cd build
4. ccmake ..
5. make -j 6

resulted in an aspect binary. Then

6. 'make test' resulted in the test timing out. Processes for aspect,
run_test.sh and ctest were all started, and persisted for 10 minutes. The
output to the Testing/Temporary/LastLog.tmp was as follows:

Start testing: Apr 20 16:17 EDT
1/414 Testing: additional_outputs
1/414 Test: additional_outputs
Command: "/usr/local/base/8.0/bin/cmake"
"-DBINARY_DIR=/home/mrd20/src/rider/aspect/build"
"-DTESTNAME=tests.additional_outputs" "-DERROR="Test additional_outputs
failed"" "-P" "/home/mrd20/src/rider/aspect/tests/run_test.cmake"
Directory: /home/mrd20/src/rider/aspect/build/tests
"additional_outputs" start time: Apr 20 16:17 EDT
Output:
<end of output>
Test time = 600.03 sec
Test Failed.

At least it's a new failure mode for me ;)
Perhaps I should revert to a cmake configuration that does not prepare all
tests.

I work in the HPC group at CWRU, and am not an aspect practitioner.  I'll
be away from work until next Wednesday, and look forward to any further
guidance. Ideally, there could be a reference that allows to check the
details of the cmake/ctest configuration settings....

I'll also look for an alternative (manual) test to perform from the manual
just to ensure that aspect binary will run given inputs.

​Best regards,​
​~ Emily​