[aspect-devel] Aspect-devel Digest, Vol 77, Issue 23

E.M. Dragowsky dragowsky at case.edu
Thu Apr 26 06:52:01 PDT 2018

​K -- I found the previous install of aspect *did* run on the head nodes of
the cluster, but not on the compute nodes.

I have now rebuilt the debug version, on a compute node, and verified that
the executable executes. make test fails in the usual fully consistent
fashion, because it cannot find the source code for the tests:

​CMake Error: The source directory
"/home/mrd20/src/rider/aspect/build/tests.additional_outputs_02" does not
exist.

To, the more recent questions, here is the output from the solcx benchmark:
-- This is ASPECT, the Advanced Solver for Problems in Earth's ConvecTion.
--     . version 1.5.0
--     . running in DEBUG mode
--     . running with 1 MPI process
--     . using Trilinos

Number of active cells: 256 (on 5 levels)
Number of degrees of freedom: 3,556 (2,178+289+1,089)

*** Timestep 0:  t=0 years
   Rebuilding Stokes preconditioner...
   Solving Stokes system... 30+4 iterations.
      Relative Stokes residual after nonlinear iteration 1: 1
   Solving Stokes system... 0+0 iterations.
      Relative Stokes residual after nonlinear iteration 2: 1.74731e-08

   Postprocessing:
     Errors u_L1, p_L1, u_L2, p_L2: 1.125998e-06, 2.994139e-03,
1.670011e-06, 9.778440e-03
     Writing graphical output:      output/solution/solution-00000

Termination requested by criterion: end time

+---------------------------------------------+------------+------------+
| Total wallclock time elapsed since start    |      1.03s |            |
|                                             |            |            |
| Section                         | no. calls |  wall time | % of total |
+---------------------------------+-----------+------------+------------+
| Assemble Stokes system          |         2 |    0.0318s |       3.1% |
| Build Stokes preconditioner     |         1 |     0.221s |        22% |
| Solve Stokes system             |         2 |    0.0613s |         6% |
| Initialization                  |         1 |     0.207s |        20% |
| Postprocessing                  |         1 |     0.158s |        15% |
| Setup dof systems               |         1 |     0.104s |        10% |
| Setup initial conditions        |         1 |    0.0466s |       4.5% |

And attached is the contents of tests.

Thanks for your patience
~ Em