[aspect-devel] aspect testing

E.M. Dragowsky dragowsky at case.edu
Mon Apr 30 13:03:26 PDT 2018

I am compiling to my user directory, and have set the install location to
reflect that.
Having said that, nothing is written to that location. The executable
remains in the source/build directory (in-source build). The executable
seems to be the only file built. I've not yet copied it to the "install
location", as the testing does not seem to require the executable be
anywhere other than the source/build directory.

And the current situation with aspect-1.5.0 release as well as the latest
development build is that these installs allow for building and running
benchmark code. So the problem of aspect hanging has been overcome.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 2:56 PM, Timo Heister <heister at clemson.edu> wrote:

> > For example, does “./aspect tests/quick_mpi.prm” run the quick_mpi test
> > without issue?
>
> This won't work, because this test needs a shared lib to be compiled.
>
> One other idea is the following: are you by any chance running on some
> weird network file system that might not behave as expected? Is there
> a different (local?) filesystem you can use?
>
> If not, you can try to find out why aspect is hanging by running it under
> gdb:
> gdb --args ./aspect some_prm.prm
> then within gdb:
> run