[aspect-devel] Internal heating in aspect

Max Rudolph maxrudolph at ucdavis.edu
Sat Aug 25 18:46:12 PDT 2018

Rene, Scott, and Ian,
Thank you for your help with this problem. I will re-run the case at global
refinement level 3 with the DG elements for the energy equation. I will
also re-run with higher resolution in the boundary layers. Our cluster is
unfortunately having a scheduler problem at the moment, so this won't
happen until Monday in all likelihood.

Scott - when you write "We find generally better results with a nearly
uniform radial mesh than the aspect default mesh pretty much across the
board," do you mean that the results are better without AMR, or are you
doing some depth-dependent refinement to ensure nearly uniform element size?

Best
Max