[aspect-devel] burnman txt file in ASPECT

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Wed Feb 28 07:34:21 PST 2018

Hi Eleonora,

I am currently traveling and can not check in detail, but this sounds
like a problem with the lines in between the comment header (the #
lines) and the data lines. If I remember correctly any line in between
is optional, but if it exists it should contain names for all of the
data columns. Could you check what happens if you remove all lines
between the comment header and the data lines? Also maybe the number of
columns in this line does not fit with the number of columns in the
data? Or could it be a problem with a mixed use of spaces and tabs (not
sure that would work, but maybe it would). In any case let us know what
you find, so we can improve the error message or the parsing. If you do
not find anything you could send me the first lines of your data file,
then I can take a look.

Best,

Rene

On 02/27/2018 12:37 AM, Eleonora Ficini wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am Eleonora, a PhD student. I built a composition file with BurnMan
> software (as it is done for the example_isentrope.txt file in the
> burnman.prm example). Although my composition.txt file is built like
> the example_isentrope.txt (same headers, same parameters order -but
> different number of points-), what I get when I try to run my
> ASPECT.prm file is:
>
> An error occurred in line <1018> of file
> </home/ubuntu/aspect/source/utilities.cc> in function
>     void aspect::Utilities::AsciiDataLookup<dim>::load_file(const
> string&, ompi_communicator_t* const&) [with int dim = 1; std::string =
> std::basic_string<char>; MPI_Comm = ompi_communicator_t*]
> The violated condition was:
>
> std::find(data_component_names.begin(),data_component_names.end(),column_name_or_data)
> == data_component_names.end()
> Additional information:
>     There are multiple fields named  in the data file
> /home/ubuntu/aspect/data/adiabatic-conditions/ascii-data/burnman_carlo.txt.
> Please remove duplication to allow for unique association between
> column and name.
>
> What am I missing? Does ASPECT need the same number of points as the
> example_isentrope.txt file?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!!
> All the best,
> Eleonora