[aspect-devel] Missing 'restart.resume' files

Matthew Lees mlees0209 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 06:03:00 PST 2018

Hi all,

I'm running simulations with checkpointing enabled, to allow computations
to be resumed. Normally it works just fine, but sometimes I find that a run
finishes and no 'restart.resume.z' file is created. I thought I might be
able to resolve this by renaming 'restart.resume.z.old' to
'restart.resume.z' then attempting to resume the simulation, but this
doesn't seem to work either (it resumes but not from the right point).

Any ideas on how this might be solved? At the moment I have 2 simulations
which I need to continue running, and have no way of resuming them.

Many thanks,

Matt Lees
*Department of Geophysics*
*University of Cambridge *