[aspect-devel] ASPECT online user meeting, Aug 8, 9am PT

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Mon Jul 30 14:26:35 PDT 2018

Hi all,

It has been a while since the hackathon and as usual development has
slowed down a bit afterwards to let everyone catch up with their
day-to-day tasks. As discussed during the hackathon and our subsequent
online participant meeting we would like to keep the community together
and facilitate exchange of ideas and help by having a regular online
user meeting. This meeting is not restricted to hackathon participants
or long-time ASPECT users, we welcome everyone who might be interested
in using ASPECT, from potential users to long-time principal developers.
After some discussion we have set a date and time for the first meeting
at Wednesday, Aug 8th, 9-10am pacific time. We will use the Zoom video
conference software, and you can join the meeting using the following
link (after installing the zoom software from https://zoom.us/download):

https://zoom.us/j/690878205

Before the meeting, please think about any questions or problems you
encountered in your model studies, most likely somebody in the meeting
had similar issues and can help you work around them. Also if you have
ideas for new features that you would like to implement let us know
about them so that we can give guidance on how to make the task as
simple as possible.

We will start the meeting with a 15 min discussion about the differences
between developing your own modifications of ASPECT, and merging them
back into the main version. In particular, I would like to talk about
when to do the one or the other, and how both is done most efficiently.
Afterwards we can talk about recent developments in ASPECT, or your
individual projects.

We plan to repeat this meeting about once a month on varying days to let
everyone participate, so do not worry if you cannot make it this time.
If you would like to have a longer discussion about a particular topic
related to ASPECT, let me or any of the other principal developers know,
and we can incorporate the topic in the next meeting.

Looking forward to seeing many of you next week!

Best,

Rene

--
Rene Gassmoeller