[aspect-devel] mesh refinement strategy question

Max Rudolph maxrudolph at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 8 09:19:44 PDT 2018

Magali,
When setting up similar models, I have also found that an alternative to
specifying the minimum refinement function is to run one timestep with the
coarsening fraction set to zero and the refinement fraction set to a
relatively large value. Then restart for the remainder of the calculation
with both coarsening and refinement.

Max