[aspect-devel] New feature that helps with convergence issues due to viscosity jumps

Magali Billen mibillen at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jun 23 01:29:55 PDT 2018

This sounds very interesting, can you explain in simple terms what this change does... that is why or how does it allow the solver to converge more quickly with strong viscosity jumps (or gradients?)?

Also, do you recommend using this with the Material averaging parameter on or off ?

I ask because i am currently building subduction models with strong viscosity gradients, and also have convergence challenges (although I am just at the beginning of trying different parameters, etc...)

Sent from my iPhone