[aspect-devel] Error on a depth dependent material model

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at colostate.edu
Mon May 7 07:26:31 PDT 2018

Eleonora,

> [3]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation, probably
> memory access out of range
A segmentation fault means that the code somewhere accesses memory that can't
be accessed -- think of trying to read past the end of an array.

In order to find out what the problem is, we need to find out *where* the
problem is. Is there any more information that is printed along with the error
above? For example, a "stack trace", i.e., a list of functions that were
called before the error happened? Alternatively, can you send all necessary
input files for someone to try and reproduce the issue?

Wolfgang Bangerth          email:                 bangerth at colostate.edu