[aspect-devel] Cylindrical coordinates

Jonathan Perry-Houts jperryh2 at uoregon.edu
Thu May 10 19:23:35 PDT 2018

Ah, cool. Thanks for clarifying. That does seem like it would be useful,
and presumably trivial to adapt from a cylindrical solver.

Cylindrical coordinates has been on my radar for a while, but I'm
probably not going to pursue it right now. I'm trying to wrap up this
whole dissertation thing, and need to weigh the time commitment of
adding this feature vs. time to just run the models in 3D. Seems like 3D
Cartesian wins again. As always, XKCD sums up my predicament well:
https://xkcd.com/974/

Anyway, if someone at the Hackathon is looking for something to do,
maybe this could be a fun project. Just throwing the idea out there :)

-JPH