[aspect-devel] We are moving ... the mailing list

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Fri Oct 5 15:22:09 PDT 2018

Dear aspect-devel Community,

In an effort to improve the service we provide to the CIG community, the aspect-devel mailing list will be moved to a discussion forum.  The discussion forum will provide a searchable and open interface for you to locate discussion topics and provide help to members of our community. This action is part of our slow roll out of the forum for the entire CIG community. Hence, as beta testers, we encourage you to provide feedback on what can be improved.

We have chosen the open source discourse platform as a civilized place to hold discussion. You can find out more about the platform by navigating here:
	https://www.discourse.org/ <https://www.discourse.org/>

Beginning sometime next week, all emails to the mailing list will be forwarded to the forum. You will be notified when this happens. As we are in beta testing, the forum is currently hidden from public view. You will need to register as a user to receive replies and see all discussions on the topic.  The forum supports login from GitHub or you can create a new account

To begin:
1, Sign up by navigating to:
https://community.geodynamics.org/login <https://community.geodynamics.org/login>

2. Check your email and spam folder. User accounts are automatically approved upon registering. Follow instructions to activate your account.
3. Login in with your new account.
4. Read the header on the page that begins with “Welcome … “,  the FAQs and the About the ASPECT Category (this is the pinned topic in the ASPECT category).

At this point you should see the available forum categories including the ASPECT category.  This is where all aspect-devel emails will be listed. Don’t forget to set your notifications!

There are quite a number of settings and features you can tweak so we encourage you to explore. You may wish to check your user settings Emails and Notifications.

We anticipate continuing the forwarding for several weeks to ensure a smooth transition and encourage you all to sign up early and help us make this a robust platform for our community.

Thanks for your participation!

Best,
-Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D.