[aspect-devel] Calling a parameter value in utilities

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Fri Oct 5 16:58:40 PDT 2018

Hi Kodi,

can you give a bit more information about how you implemented this
global parameter? Is it a member of the `Parameters` class? Then it
would probably be easiest to hand over this variable to the
`read_and_distribute_file_content` function as a parameter from the
calling plugin. Many calling plugins can already access global
parameters using the `SimulatorAccess` class. Try accessing
`this->get_parameters().your_variable_name` in the calling plugin, and
check if this gives you the parameter you are looking for.

Out of curiosity: What does this parameter do? How would it modify the
behavior of the function? And from where do you call the function?

Best,

Rene

On 10/05/2018 12:50 PM, Kodi Neumiller wrote:
> I created a new global parameter that takes a boolean value and I am
> trying to pass it in to the read_and_distribute_file_content function.
> Is there already something in place that can be called from utilities
> to check the value of a global parameter or do I need to
> implement something new?
>
> Thanks,
> Kodi

Rene Gassmoeller