[aspect-devel] We are moving ... the mailing list

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Fri Oct 5 17:47:05 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Wow. So now the secret development is out there :-). As discussed on
Tuesday at the last online user meeting we would like to test how this
transition will work, and want to make sure everything transitions as
smoothly as possible. All our tests suggest that it will be a much more
convenient and nicer interaction, and will allow for easier
communication than a mailing list. Additionally, past discussions will
be simpler to search and reference, especially for users that are not
part of the mailing list. But do not worry if you prefer to have all
messages in your mail inbox, there is a mailing list mode that will
allow you to keep everything as is, receive emails for every post, and
directly reply to them.

If you want to be one of the first posters on the new forum, then feel
free to register at https://community.geodynamics.org/login (e.g. using
your github account), and familiarize yourself with the new interface. I
created a feedback post at
https://community.geodynamics.org/t/asking-for-feedback-about-the-new-forum/100/2
and would appreciate any feedback about design, the process, or your
concerns. Since the forum is highly configurable, it is most likely we
can incorporate constructive suggestions.

Let us know what you think,

Best,

Rene