[aspect-devel] Internal heating in aspect (Ludovic Jeanniot)

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at colostate.edu
Thu Sep 6 10:27:55 PDT 2018

On 09/05/2018 12:56 PM, Max Rudolph wrote:
> What about instead looking at the ratio of physical to artificial heat
> flux through each boundary?

I think it would be interesting to try this out for a case you are
interested in. I don't have intuition how that would come out though:
with larger diffusion comes a gentler slope in the boundary layer, and
consequently less heat flux. But because there is more heat flux overall
due to the artificial diffusion, it may also be the other way around.

Wolfgang Bangerth          email:                 bangerth at colostate.edu