[aspect-devel] Evenly spaced vectors, dynamic pressure

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at colostate.edu
Mon Sep 10 13:21:09 PDT 2018

On 09/09/2018 10:04 AM, Mark Brandon wrote:
> I am a reader of this exchange (and learning a lot in the process). I have one small comment:
> diabatic means with loss of heat, adiabatic means no loss of heat. As a result, nonadiabatic is a double negative.
> Maybe that is why it typically shown in quotes in this discussion.

Not being much of a thermodynamicist, would it be worth adding the word
"diabatic" to the documentation of that postprocessor? Would that help
readers?

I have to admit that I never thought about this word. I can't say I've
ever come across the term "diabatic" -- it seems like it is not often
used, and Wikipedia only lists it in the context of the some quantum
mechanics things.

(A different thought is that we do not want to output the "diabatic"
part, however one would define it, but specifically that part that does
not results from the adiabatic profile. As such, non-adiabatic is
different from diabatic.)

Cheers

Wolfgang Bangerth          email:                 bangerth at colostate.edu