[aspect-devel] Evenly spaced vectors, dynamic pressure

Jonathan Perry-Houts jperryh2 at uoregon.edu
Fri Sep 14 08:08:03 PDT 2018

After this thread I tried tracking down wtf was up with the uniform
glyph distribution. Turns out it's a paraview bug. I fixed it, and I
guess the patch will be part of the next release.
https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/2733

However, the fix still relies on there being a node somewhere near each
glyph, which means that for adaptively refined meshes some glyphs appear
and reappear during the course of the model. If you want them to stay
put, you still have to interpolate your model onto a uniform mesh.

-JPH

On 09/06/2018 07:30 PM, Adam Holt wrote:
> Thanks Jonathan!  After upgrading to the newer Paraview (5.5), the filter works nicely. Again, it didn't do the time-stepping for version 5.2, so I guess the issue is with the older version. Good to know.
>
> And totally agree about the "uniform spatial distribution" - It took me a while to figure out why this was not showing glyphs for my 2-D models...
>
> many thanks,
> Adam

Jonathan Perry-Houts
Ph.D. Candidate