[CIG-ALL] Nominations for Executive Committee Sought

cig-all at geodynamics.org cig-all
Thu Aug 25 12:52:17 PDT 2005

Carl Gable's position on the Executive Committee of
CIG falls vacant in October 2005.  In accordance with
the CIG by-laws, the EC has appointed a Nominating
Committee for this position:

Bill Appelbe (Chair) - (Member, Executive Committee)
Peter Olson
Scott King

The Nominating Committee has established the following
timetable for nominations and elections:
   Nominations open now
   Nominations close on:   Wed, Sept. 21st.
   Ballots sent out by email on: Friday, Sept 23rd.
   E-mail election closes on:   Sunday, Oct 24th.

The Executive Committee position will be a 3 year
appointment, from Nov 1st 2005 through Oct 30th 2008.
More information on the duties of the Executive
Commitee is contained in the by-laws (accessible on
CIG's website, through the page:

http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/proposalsndocs/documents/archives/

Persons interested in nominating themselves, or
others, for this position, or wishing to know more
about the Executive Committee duties and
responsibilities are strongly encouraged to contact a
member of the Nominating Committee. In addition we have
established  an e-mail alias that only committee members
receive:

nominations at geodynamics.org

We encourage you to send nominations to this address.
The Nominating committee will also be actively soliciting
nominations over the next month.