[CIG-ALL] CIG Computing Needs Survey

Peter Olson olson at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 3 14:12:25 PDT 2006

Dear Colleague,

You might have heard that the National Science Foundation is
embarking on an effort to develop a national geosciences facility
which will feature sustained petaflops performance. In light of this
plan, CIG's Science Steering Committee (SSC) is conducting a survey
on how you, the CIG community, see your needs in terms of computing
hardware. In particular,
we want to survey your needs for petascale, terascale, versus small
to medium clusters. In addition, we're also very interested in
knowing how you think CIG is doing so far.

Please visit this URL at your earliest convenience and take a few
minutes to fill out the online survey:

	http://geodynamics.org/cig/priorities/cs-needs-survey

We would like to have everyone's input by the Oct. 16-18
Computational  Sciences Workshop and CIG Roundtable, which I hope you
will consider attending.

(see http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/workinggroups/cs/workshops).

Thanks in advance for taking the time to participate in our survey.

Best Regards,

Peter Olson
Chairman, Science Steering Committee

--