[CIG-ALL] Mineos 1.0 released

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Tue Mar 20 14:13:27 PDT 2007

Greetings,

We are pleased to announce the release of Mineos 1.0, a 1D code by Guy
Masters which simulates synthetic seismograms in the spherical symmetric
nonrotated Earth by normal mode summation. Attenuation, gravity and
transversal anisotropy effects may be optionally taken into account. The
package computes mode eigenfrequencies and eigenfunctions, Green's
functions and synthetic seismograms for sources with a moment tensor
defined in time as a step-function.

You can download the source code from

   http://geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/seismo/mineos/

Installation instructions are in the bundled README and INSTALL files. A
User Manual is also available at the above web page.

To report a bug or suggest a feature, visit our Roundup Issue Tracker
(http://www.geodynamics.org/bugs). For help with Mineos, send an e-mail
to the CIG Computational Seismology Mailing List
(cig-seismo at geodynamics.org).

--
Leif Strand
Software Engineer