[CIG-ALL] 2008 Workshop: Advancing Numerical Modeling of Mantle Convection and Lithospheric Dynamics

Magali Billen billen at geology.ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 24 10:07:07 PDT 2008

Dear Mantle Convection and Lithospheric Dynamics Community,

This e-mail is an update of and reminder to register for the

July 9-11, 2008 Workshop for Advancing Numerical Modeling of Mantle
Convection
                            and Lithospheric Dynamics

Registration Deadline is May 30th, but you can help us with planning
and allocation of travel support
by registering now (it'll take less than 5 minutes!):
http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/workinggroups/mc/workshops/litho2008/litho08/

Update:

* We now have confirmed funding from NSF. The total amount is less
than we requested, but
   we will be able to guarantee travel support for Graduate Students
and Post-Docs (including some
   non-US participants).

* We may be able to provide some support for other participants
(including non-US participants),
   but we will not know that level of support available until the end
of May.

* All accommodations (in on-campus dorms) and meals will be provided
by the workshop.

* An updated schedule and speaker list is now available on the CIG
workshop website:
   http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/workinggroups/mc/workshops/litho2008/litho08/

* There are currently about 50 people registered for the workshop and
we expect that number to
    increase to about 60-70 people. We can accommodate up to 80
participants.

Please let us know if you have question regarding the workshop.

We hope to see you in July,

Magali Billen
Thorsten Becker
Jolante van Wijk