[CIG-ALL] CIG Web server status

Wei Mi weimi at caltech.edu
Fri Mar 21 16:08:58 PDT 2008

Dear CIG Community,

CIG's web server was down for much of the day following an underground
electrical fire which melted the fiber optic cable between our
facilities and the rest of the world. The City of Pasadena is currently
repairing the damage. In the meantime, we have moved our servers to
Caltech, and  our webserver and software repository are up and running
again for your use.

We are expecting repairs to be complete on Monday, March 24, at which
time we tentatively plan to  move our servers back to the CIG offices.
Please expect some server downtime of 2-3 hours. If we can refine this
time slot, we shall inform everyone.

Thanks for your patience,

Wei