[CIG-ALL] Opportunities and Challenges in Computational Geophysics, March 30-31

Sue Kientz sue at geodynamics.org
Mon Jan 26 14:23:50 PST 2009

Opportunities and Challenges in Computational Geophysics
March 30-31, 2009 on the Caltech Campus, Pasadena CA

This workshop will consider the state of the art in computational
geophysics through invited talks, posters and discussion.
Participants in all areas of our science are expected, including
experts in computational science and in geophysics. We also plan to
obtain broad community input on the future of the CIG initiative.
Young investigators are strongly encouraged to participate. Financial
support is available for participants.

Workshop Organizing Committee:
Magali Billen (UC Davis): billen at geology.ucdavis.edu
Andy Freed (Purdue): freed at purdue.edu
Mike Gurnis (Caltech): gurnis at caltech.edu
Garrett Ito (Hawaii): gito at hawaii.edu

You are strongly encourage to send your input on the organization of
the workshop to the committee (e.g., discussion topics, invited
speakers) by Monday, February 16, 2009.

Details will be continuously updated at http://geodynamics.org/cig/
upcoming/future-of-cig-meeting/

Register using this form: http://geodynamics.org/cig/upcoming/future-
of-cig-meeting-reg09

Accommodations are available at the Courtyard Marriott, 180 North
Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91103, phone: 626-403-7600.

The room rate is $159 a night, with check in on March 29 (Sunday),
and check out March 31 (Tuesday). There are a few rooms available if
you need to stay over Tuesday night due to travel problems.

Hotel reservation cut-off date is currently February 20, but there
may be an extension to March 1.

Sue Kientz
Technical Writer/Web Manager
Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics (CIG)
     http://www.geodynamics.org/
sue at geodynamics.org
ofc: (626) 395-1694
cell: (626) 616-1955