[CIG-ALL] Draft Proposal

Bruce Buffett bbuffett at berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 5 17:44:17 PDT 2009

Dear CIG Members,

On behalf of the Proposal Writing Committee I am pleased to announce
that a draft of the proposal for CIG-II is now available on the
website for review and comment. Please take a few minutes to download
the proposal and provide your input. We welcome your comments (both
positive and negative) as move toward the final submission in July. A
supplemental document that contains your one-page abstracts and other
relevant information about CIG will be posted later next week. We will
remind you again about the supplemental material when it is posted.

The budget for CIG has not yet been finalized, although we expect to
have this information shortly after the new Director is appointed.
However, we have been encouraged to submit a budget that is comparable
to the previous budget.  We do not expect any major shift in the
science priorities. However, we are proposing a number of new and
exciting activities. We welcome your feedback.

Sincerely
Bruce Buffett
Chair, Proposal Writing Committee