[CIG-ALL] Supporting Material for CIG Proposal

Mike Gurnis gurnis at gps.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 12 12:54:07 PDT 2009

Dear Colleague,

As part of the effort to make the case for continuing CIG as a community
resource, we have prepared “Expanding Computational Infrastructure: The
First Five Years of CIG”, posted at:

http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/proposalsndocs/blogs/cig2-proposal

This document mostly contains one-page abstracts describing how you have
used CIG software in your research. We also have sections describing the
infrastructure and software, the workshops and training sessions we have
held, and lists of publications resulting from the software.

Bruce Buffett, Chairman of the CIG Proposal Writing Committee (PWC), has
made available a draft version of the proposal for CIG’s renewal that we
are planning to submit to NSF. We seek your comments on the proposal and
summary of supporting material. The documents are still in draft form
and if you wish to replace an existing abstract or submit additional
abstracts or references please visit

http://geodynamics.org/cig/proposalsndocs/related-papers

Thanks for all of your input, especially the many abstracts you’ve
prepared and submitted. They’re a testament to the success of CIG.

Mike