[CIG-ALL] PyLith 1.5.1 (bugfix release)

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 22 08:12:04 PDT 2010

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce the release of PyLith 1.5.1, a finite-element
code designed to solve dynamic elastic problems and quasi-static
viscoelastic problems in tectonic deformation.

This release fixes a couple of bugs in v1.5.0. We strongly recommend
all users of previous PyLith releases to switch to this latest
release. See the README file for changes required to switch to the
v1.5.x release series from previous versions.

You can download the source code and binaries from

     http://geodynamics.org/cig/software/pylith

Detailed installation instructions are in the User Manual with example
installation procedures for a few platforms in the bundled doc/install
directory.

RELEASE NOTES

   * Bug fixes

     - Fixed dimensioning of velocity and acceleration fields in
       output. The scales were set to just the length scale rather than
       the length scale divided by the time scale and length scale
       divided by the time scale squared.

     - Fixed partitioning of cohesive cells. Cohesive cells were
       ignored during partitioning of the mesh, so they were randomly
       distributed among processors.

Brad Aagaard